Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Making a Mark from an 11 year old

Ceil is continuing to recover.  She sounds 100% like her old self with complete memory back and not saying things that come from left field with no ryhme nor reason.  It's great to hear her back to normal.  I've been pushing her to rely less on the walker which she is doing now.  While still a little wobbly, she is definitely getting her strength back and her legs are starting to look like they have muscle again.

I wanted to share something with you that Olivia wrote for school.  When I picked it up, I had no idea what I was about to read.  The perspective of an 11 year old can be pretty powerful.  With all the talk about being positive, please read what an 11 year old's perspective is after having a Mom that was diagnosed with cancer. 


I am going to make my mark at McGee by making everyone smile.  I hate to see people sad because it brings back flooding memories of when I was nine and found out my mom had cancer.  All I really needed was a laugh or a smile, so I’m not going to let people just be sad and lonely.  I’m going to make someone’s day because all you need is a smile.  No more pain or sadness.  You just forget for a while and feel happy.  So happy it will warm your heart on a freezing, cold day.
 

-        Olivia Biscoglio

I hope this made it a better day for you and gave you some prospective that there is a silver lining with all that life throws at you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I just cried at work... that is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....I continue to pray for Ceil and your family every day.

    ReplyDelete