Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday update

Ceil's being doing well.  She's got her marbles all together and they have cut down her speech therapy from two sessions to one a day cause like you would expect, her talking has come back faster than expected.  I'd imagine that it's due to her 42 years of heavy exercise over the phone and in person.

As far as her recovery with PT and OT, it is and will be longer than I think we both anticipated.  Last time we went through a major ordeal with her breast cancer, the most Ceil was gone from the house was about a week.  As of today, she has not been home since August 12th.  Way too long! 

Ceil is doing well and pushing herself, but the amount of strength you lose in such a short time is unbeleivable and is taking time to recover.  She is doing 4 OT and PT sessiona 6 days a week.  Her strength is getting better, but there is a lot of work ahead.

The kids continue to do well with what is going on.  With the support system we have had in the past and with whats going on, it makes it all possible.

Guys, just know this - your support is extremely appreciated and its why Ceil made a recovery through her last battle.  While I would never ever wish it on anyone, it gave Ceil and I our eye opening moment that life is fragile and you need to appreciate every single day.  You need to take what life gives you and figure out what is truly important.  You need to get rid of the negative bullshit in your life and truly decide that you will live as a positive person that will make your time on earth a betterment for the people you know and surround you. 

If you realize and understand this from following along, maybe, just maybe, this all will make sense to you.

As I have been typing this, I got an email from our sister-in-law Carla that went out to a distribution list.  I want to share it because I think it is absolutely awesome and know Ceil will appreciate it.  I have been asked by so many of you what ever you can do to help...this may be it - please read and make this happen for Ceil.

Hello Family and Friends, I have a project in mind, and I’m asking for your craftiness! This project is for Ceil. During her stay at Hospital for Special Care, her very favorite blanket has gone missing. From what I hear it was very special to her and helped comfort her during treatments for Breast Cancer. It would be impossible to replace! So the idea I had was to create a new blanket, one that will also give her strength and let her know how many people care and are rooting for her quick recovery.
I have employed my Grandmother, aka Big Nonni, to help me, and I’d like your help too. The idea is to have as many friends and family knit squares that can then be knitted together to make her one big blanket. Each square can be as unique as your relationship with Ceil.
I know there may be people that don’t know how to knit, like me J , but would still like to contribute, so there are a few options: You can pick out the yarn you would like to see used, send it to me and Big Nonni can knit the square for you, OR you can send a silk ribbon that can be added to the blanket as an embellishment. Any unused materials that you send will be returned to you.
Just a few more things:
· Please make your square 6” X 6 “ ( feel free to make more than one)
· When you make your squares, please leave your name, a message (optional) and an extra piece of material on the side so I can put the yarn with the name/ message all together in a book or folder when we give it to Ceil.
· I will have a box at Simeone’s Mobil, 21 Chamberlain Hwy, behind the counter to collect all squares and ribbons. Please have your materials in a bag to keep it clean and all together. The employees will be aware that the materials will be coming in
· I would be happy to pick up any materials as well!
· Now we all know how strong Ceil is, but when you’re picking yarn, think soft and cozy. Any and All colors too!
· Here are some links of Soft yarn ideas.
· My email is simeonecarla@sbcglobal.net, cell860.967.9031, home 860.284.4242 for any questions, pick-ups etc.
· I’d like to collect everything by September 20, and have the blanket ready for her as soon as possible after that.
· If you’d like a photo of the finished product, leave your email or home address and I can forward it along when it’s done.
I've added as many family and friends that I could think of, but PLEASE FORWARD to others that may want to contribute too! Oh, and try to keep it a secret!, Shhh!
Thanks for helping out! I can’t wait to see what it’s going to look like and present it to her! Feel free to call with any questions! Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment