Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Time to move

I just got the call that Ceil is being moved to a step down unit which is good news.  The Doc let me know we need to get her moving and out of the ICU which will hopefully get her energized a bit.  She is still very tired and definitely likes to sleep more than ever.  With the change of scenery and a roomate, I am sure she will be looking to break out.

Please do me a favor and understand that I am requesting that everyone holds off on coming up to the hospital.  The worst thing we can do is keep her awake and using energy to visit with everyone and when the kids show up, she is sleeping.  I appreciate you respecting this and it goes for everyone that does not have Simeone blood pumping through their body.

One of the things Ceil requested from me before surgery was for me to volunteer to run this year's Berlin Relay for Life.  With so many things going on in my life I had said No in the past as it would just add another layer of responsibility to my docket.  I have obviously had some time to really think about the important things in life over the past week and a half and let Ceil know that I would do it.  My decision was based on how important the Relay for Life is to Ceil and what it means to her.  Working with her on it will be one of the most satisfying jobs I will be involved with in my 43 years to date. 

So be on the lookout for something coming up the pike to celebrate Ceil's recovery from this ordeal which will use to also raise funds for the Relay for Life.  I would imagine it will be an event like the last Ava'sMom benefit which we raised a bunch of cash and everyone had a phenomenal time...and who could forget the Ava'sMom Drink?

If you want to be on the advance invite list to receive info on this, just shoot an email to me.