Sunday, August 25, 2013

Still in ICU

We are still in ICU due to spinal fluid continuing to pool and not circulate thru the 4th ventrical properly.  They had told us pre-op that this would be possible.  The solution to this challenge is draining the ventrical either by a temporary solution or with a permanent one.  We will consult with the neuro-surgeon in the am.  

The kids are doing well with it all.  They miss mom at home but understand she is where the docs can make her better.  Everyone's help is sincerely appreciated which has made it easier for me to get up to the hospital.  I feel blessed to have the community we do and the family support.

Wednesday will be tough with Liv going to middle school for the 1st time and Ceil not curbside for the kids 1st day of school which has never happened.  

I continue to get asked how I am doing. Besides being more tired than I ever recall, I think I'm dealing pretty well.  I learned a lot from Ceil with our last go around.  I learned what's important is what you spend your time on worrying about.  I also learned that stressing out doesn't make anything better.  A truly positive attitude on the other hand lets you accomplish more.  When you have this, your kids, your business and other daily tasks that need to get taken care of, the attitude and the ability to plan and prioritize is what will lead you to accomplish what's needed.

I'll let you know tomorrow how what are next step will be to get Ceil home.  I miss her with every minute she's not at the house.

Thanks again everyone for your support and loving messages.  

Ceil needs some prayers tonight please.

No comments:

Post a Comment